Abstraction in c++
- Humans use abstraction in order to manage complex situations. Objects and processes are reduced to basics and referred to in generic terms.
- Classes allow more direct use of the results of this type of abstraction in software development.
- The first step towards solving a problem is analysis. In object-oriented programming, analysis comprises identifying and describing objects and recognizing their mutual relationships. Object descriptions are the building blocks of classes.
- Classes are simply patterns used to instantiate, or create, objects of the class type. In other words, an object is a variable of a given class.
- Abstraction is a process of hiding the implementation details and showing only functionality to the user.
- The class encapsulates data items and the funtions to promote abstraction.