class in python
- To define a class, you can use ‘class’, a reserved keyword, followed by the classname and a colon. By convention, all classes start in uppercase. For example:
- A class can be used to define a data type. Although data types included in Python are many and varied, its capacity to include all our information modelling needs is limited.
- We can see a class as a user defined data type. However this definition is incomplete, it does not consider that a class has associated functions and is not just a data container
//To create a class that takes an object:
The __init__() method
- Immediately after creating an instance of the class, you have to call the __init__() function. This function initializes the objects it creates.
- It takes at least the argument ‘self’, a Python convention, which gives identity to the object being created.
def __init__(self) :
def __init__(self, name, rate, hours) :
//A function used in a class is called a method. Hence, the __init__() function is a method when it is used to initialize classes.